- so today I’m going talk to you about a disease that can be pretty the high amongst teenagers it is known as PID or pelvic inflammatory disease.
- now I’ve talk to you bunch about the importance of safe sex and given you details on different sexually transmitted infections PID is one of the more serious complications of an untreated STI.
- It is basically an infection of the female reproductive organs which causes irreversible damage to your fallopian tubes, your uterus, your ovaries and can cause infertility.
How it works:
- So, here’s how it works basically your cervix’ job is to prevent bacteria from entering your vagina and into your inside organs now if the cervix is compromised as in it is infected by gonorrhea or chlamydia that it can’t do that. That’s when PID kicks in.
- so PID is basically if the disease causing bacteria are let in through the cervix and touch your reproductive organs on the inside that’s where it can cause all this damage.
- Basically untreated chlamydia and gonorrhea account for 90 percent of PID cases.
So let’s check our symptom tracker here:
- Painful urination
- Chills and high fever
- Nausea and vomiting
- pain in the upper abdomen
- if you have any of these symptoms, go to the doctor, get tested. He’ll give you some antibiotics to take care of issue.
- Good news though! PID is completely preventable as long as you practice safe sex; that is use protection get tested for STIs regularly and make regular appointments with your gyno.
so that is it for PID and for this episode, so email me and SMS me, subscribe to my channel also visit other Health Related articles and Share with your friends. and I’ll see you guys on the next episode.