Hey guys! Welcome back to Health Daily Advice. In this Article I am going to switch it up on you guys I realized that I have been taking a lot your questions ad giving you guys but I may not have laid the proper groundwork or foundation needed I mean what’s the point in me telling you about how birth control works if you don’t even know what a uterus or fallopian tube is. So today we are going to change all that We are going to figure out what’s going on down here starting with your vagina.
So basically your vagina is actually not what you see on the outside. Your body has internal and external sex organs and your vagina is actually an internal organ it’s an elastic muscular tube that connects your cervix to the outside of your body.
Now its job is to carry sperm to the uterus and the fallopian tubes and serve as a birth canal when you are giving birth and carry out your menstrual flow. Whoo! It’s a frigging power house!
So let’s look at this diagrams to figure out what the other internal organs are Here,
- You have the Uterus, a pear-shaped organ that’s home to developing a fetus when you’re pregnant. The Uterus is actually divided into two parts the cervix which is the lower part that opens into the vagina and the corpus which is the main body of the uterus.
- The corpus is the part that actually expands to hold a developing baby.
- The ovaries. These are small oval-shaped glands located on either side of the uterus that produces the eggs and the hormones.
- The fallopian tubes These are tubes that t attach to the upper part of the uterus and serve as tunnels for egg cells to travel from the ovaries to the uterus which is what happens during ovulation.
- Egg gets fertilized by sperm here
So that’s what’s happening on inside. What the heck is happening on the outside?
Well, on the outside you have your genitals which serve two purposes one is to allow the sperm to enter the body and two to protect your internal organs from infection. Basically they are like your security guards.
- so you have the mons pubis. This is composed of two-parts, your labia majora and your labia minora which in Latin literally translates to large lips, small lips.
- So your labia majora is the part that encloses and protects your external organs. It has oil and sweat secreting glands and it’s the part that grows hair during puberty.
- Your labia minora is on the inside of the majority and it protects the skin right around the opening of the vagina.
- So then you have the Bartholin’s gland This gland is located near the vaginal opening and it produces fluid secretion, lastly you have the clitoris. The labia minora meet at the clitoris.
- The clitoris is a small sensitive protrusion and it’s covered by a fold of skin that can become a erect due to stimulation now it’s important to note that women also have a urethral which carries the urine from the urinary bladder
The difference with men is that men have a urethra that runs through the penis and also carries semen.
Now for women the urethra is shorter and it appears above the vaginal opening but it only carries urine so it has nothing to do with reproductive function
So that was a quick overview of your reproductive anatomy now stay tuned, because in the pipeline we have Articles on period pregnancy and all this good stuff and only reason you will know about it if you subscribe to our channel. And Stay Tuned With our Website. So, I’ll see you guys later.