Top 12 Weight Loss Tips :
- Have you tried a thousand different diets?
- Every time a new diet comes around, you give it a try?
- Have you lost a lot of weight on a diet, but then gained it back almost immediately once you go off the diet?
- Have you ever wondered, Is there a way to lose weight without being hungry all the time?
- Today I want to give you some of the best weight loss advice ever. So there are a lot of products out there that have a label on there that says diet or low or No fat, Sugar-Free, different claims like that.
- Usually those foods, to justify that label that they have had some strange chemical or something like that added to them and that makes them a lot unhealthier than the original food that they are trying to substitute for The other thing is sometimes we eat them, and we think that they are healthy and so, what it does to our minds is, oh, I had a Diet Coke, so I can splurge and eat this piece of cake later. Well, the truth is, just because it says diet on it, or low-fat, or no sugar, does not mean that it is a healthy food.
- Another thing about these foods, especially in the case of Diet Coke and these other foods that are sugar-free, they contain artificial sweeteners. Those artificial sweeteners are still going to cause an insulin response in your body because it is thinking that it is having something sweet. It is still going to bottom out your blood sugar, and it is going to end up making you hungry.
- So, if you have ever noticed, for me, I used to be a big cereal eater, and I would eat a big bowl of cereal in the morning, and within about an hour I was suddenly way more hungry than I ever was before I ate the cereal, and it turns out that it is because of all the sugar contained in that food.
- So, things that spike our blood sugar, and even things like artificial sweeteners, are going to, once your body has dealt with all that sugar, make you end up way hungrier than you were before. Even though a lot of these items that are diet or non-fat or whatever really are claiming that they really are better, they have us thinking that they are going to be better for us, they are just not, and you are better off just having the normal ones, and then add in some extra servings of fruits and vegetables than to eat that diet or whatever, substitute that may be feeling that you are doing something good for yourself. My next tip is to be wary of nutritional claims.
- So again, you have got all those diet, sugar-free, Low-fat claims on foods, but the fact of the matter is, the foods that are really going to promote health and are really going to help us lose weight the most are foods that don’t have any nutritional claims at all, so the fruits and vegetables that come out of the produce section, the lean meats that we get from the deli section, but the foods that come from the big food manufacturers and things like that, just because they have a claim on them, like they are diet or low-fat or whatever, doesn’t necessarily make them healthy. If we can start being a little more wary of those nutritional claims and opting for foods that maybe don’t have nutritional claims all, well start seeing our health improve drastically.
- My next tip has to do with dealing with that feeling of guilt that we feel when we eat something. I know this personally when I go out and splurge on a big piece of the pie, or ice cream feel guilty afterward, like, Man, I probably shouldn’t have eaten that, and that’s a callous thing to deal with, those feelings of guilt.
- The best way to nip that in the bud is to start eating good foods. You just really can’t eat too many good foods. You can’t get fat eating carrots and apples. The more that you are integrating good foods, especially the more you are replacing the bad foods; you are going to cut down on those feelings of guilt. You don’t have to feel guilty if you ate five apples. You don’t feel guilty if you are twenty carrots. And once those feelings of guilt go away that will contribute to you being able to feel better about your diet, feel more confident, and not get all bogged down with those dieting blues. So, eliminating guilt by eating more good foods and replacing bad foods with good ones is one of the best tips I have received. It has worked for me, and I think it can work for you, too.
- My next recommendation is to grow some gratitude for your body. When we are looking eating choices, the main thing we are faced with is instant gratification of how good this food tastes versus what are the actual long-term effects of that food. Is it going to make me feel full? Is it going to make me feel hungry later? Is it going to contribute to my health or contribute to my ill health? Is it running to make me gain weight? So when you are holding those two different options on either side; the instant gratification versus the long-term benefits of whole foods. It is essential that you have some gratitude for your body. Our bodies carry us around everywhere; they allow us to pick things up, hold them, carry them, give them to other people. Pretty much any of us in our job is probably using our hands throughout the day or even doing hard labor with our body.
- When I was able to realize all of the amazing things that my body is doing for me at any given time I had a lot more gratitude for it, and I wanted to do things that were good for my body, and it made me realize, you know what? It is essential for me to do something that is good for my body than to just do something because of it feels good. So, if you are somebody who, you know, who is constantly in that decision and you always go for the bad food, and you are always going for the instant gratification, make yourself a list and write down everything that you can think of that you are grateful to your body for, and I mean, down to every last little thing; the fact that you can feel, the fact that you can touch, that it keeps you warm when it is cold outside .
- All of these different things are going to help us grow gratitude for our bodies and feel better about doing right for our bodies, and when we are faced with that instant gratification versus something that is better for the long haul, well really have more understanding of why those benefits are important and of wanting to something that’s good for our body because that’s how much we appreciate it.
- We want to feel it the best that we can so that it can perform at its best and it is going to last a long time, and it is going to feel good. We are going to have energy and just feel good and feel positive about things. That has a lot to do with how much gratitude you have for your body.
- My next advice is to learn as much about nutrition as you possibly can. You don’t have to go out and become a clinical nutritionist or anything, but in general, the more that you understand your body and the more that you understand the way different foods are going to have different effects on the body the abler you are going to be to make good decisions about food and to feel more confident about the decisions you are making about foods.
- The more understanding you are about your body and about nutrition and how it all works, the better you are going to feel about going out and making good decisions and the more all of the information out there is going to be less confusing to you because you are actually going to have your understanding of nutrition and what’s good for you.
- In a future Article, I am going to give you ten easy, healthy snack ideas. The best way to prevent you from making a bad eating decision is to never get to that state of extreme hunger. So, if you have got some healthy snacks with you at all times, you are not going to have to get something out of the vending machine or stop at the drive-thru quick because you are in a hurry.
Stay tuned for the following Article where I will give you some of those great snack ideas. In another Article, I am going to tell you why people gain weight. We have got the main just of most diets as how much you eat, counting calories, or send off something and that’s all the food you can eat. There is an emphasis on how much we are eating, and I am going to tell you why it is so important what you are eating and tell you why people gain weight so you can stop gaining weight and start losing it. Thanks so much for watching.
I hope that this Article is helpful to you. Please give me a thumb up if you like this Article if you did like to see more of it. Please drop me a comment letting me know any questions you may have about any of the tips that I gave today, especially if you have a tip that I didn’t mention but that you would like people to know about so that you can stay tuned to all of our future Article. Thank you so much and have a good one!