What is Depression? and What are the Symptoms?
Depression Symptoms are very easily visible in a person who is going through depression. One of the major depression symptoms is Low mood or negative mood, negative thoughts, etc.
- Low mood is an emotional state characterized by sadness, anxiety, low self-esteem, tiredness, and frustration. In its most severe form, it becomes an ongoing problem that impacts your daily life (usually referred to as depression)
- It could be relationship problems, bereavement, sleep problems, stress at work, bullying, chronic illness, or pain.
- Sometimes it’s possible to feel down without there being an obvious reason.
Low mood generally falls under Depression symptoms other depression symptoms are:
- Feeling sad or tearful
- Feeling bad about yourself
- Feeling “empty”
- Little interest or pleasure in doing things
- Desire to isolate yourself from people
- Difficulty sleeping
- Sleeping too much
- Feeling tired and lacking energy
- Feeling irritated or agitated
- Difficulty concentrating or thinking clearly