If you have anemia, your blood does not carry enough oxygen to the rest of your body. The most common cause of anemia is not having enough iron. Your body needs iron to make hemoglobin.
Hemoglobin is an iron-rich protein that gives the red color to blood. It carries oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body.
Anemia has three main causes:
- blood loss
- lack of red blood cell production
- and high rates of red blood cell destruction.
Conditions that may lead to anemia include:
- Heavy periods
- Colon polyps or colon cancer
- Inherited disorders
- A diet that does not have enough iron, folic acid or vitamin B12
- Blood disorders such as sickle cell anemia and thalassemia, or cancer
- Aplastic anemia, a condition that can be inherited or acquired
- G6PD deficiency, a metabolic disorder
- Anemia can make you feel tired, cold, dizzy, and irritable. You may be short of breath or have a headache.
Your doctor will diagnose anemia with a physical exam and blood tests.
Treatment depends on the kind of Anemia you have.
So that’s all I have for you today, you know the drill so shoot me an email, send me an SMS, Also and subscribe to Our channel. And Share This Article If You Like.
I will see you guys later.