Yeast Infection (Candidiasis):
- So today’s question comes from a nineteen-year-old from (indistinct) I have severe itching around my vagina and I’m getting burning discharge.
My friend said it’s a yeast infection, But is this an STD? I have never had sex.
- So from what it sounds like, you do have candidiasis, commonly known as a yeast infection. A fungus that grows in warm in moist places of the skin, such as your mouth or your vagina So normally, a woman’s vagina already has yeast.
- However, if there’s some sort of imbalance, this can lead to a buildup of excess yeast, which then results in white and odorless discharge, burning when you pee, and severe itchiness.
- But don’t worry! This is not an STI (sexually transmitted infection). It is an infection very common amongst women. So go ahead and consult a doctor to make sure that it is indeed a yeast infection, and he or she will give you some cream or some pills to have it cleared up in no time.
- In the future, make sure that you change your pad often, avoid scented soaps, and avoid wearing extremely tight clothing that trap in moisture to help prevent getting a yeast infection.
So girls, I hope this helps, and I would love to keep hearing from you So shoot me more questions at our email address, or SMS me. And don’t forget to subscribe to our channel, and tune I will see you guys next time.