So today I am going to ask you a question. What is a period?
I mean we’ve talked about delaying periods and irregular period, and period lengths but seriously other than the fact that it oh my God I am bleeding! What exactly is going in your body when you’re getting your period?
Process of Menstruation:
- Well you see, your menstruation cycle is a part of your reproductive cycle. That basically means that you become sexually mature when you first get your period. Average ages is about 12 or 13. That means your body is now able to get pregnant you’re going to keep getting periods till about 45 to 55 when you hit menopause which then means your body cannot reproduce any more.
- So during your period you’re gonna bleed from your uterus through your vagina. Remember in the last Article when we talked about eggs and fallopian tubes? Well during ovulation single egg is gonna burst from the ovary, travel through the fallopian tube into the uterus.
- The lining of the uterus which is called the endometrium has been thickened by hormones and is basically ready to be fertilized. So, if there’s a sperm waiting for it, you know, well great or may be not great if you don’t want to get pregnant. So if there’s not a sperm waiting for it that basically means that you’re in endometrium lining is going to slip away and shed AKA your period is going to begin.
- So the stuff you’re actually passing through your period is that endometrium mixed with blood which is caused by the blood vessels that are breaking within the endometrium.
- Get it? You get your period because you are not pregnant.
- If you are pregnant than you don’t have a uterine lining to shed because you need that to nurse the embryo, so that’s why not having your period can be a telltale sign of pregnancy pretty crazy eh?
So that is basically what your period is all about in a nut shell of course there are other factors, since it is hormonal, you’re gonna have different durations and different period lengths, and different blood flow but you don’t need me to tell you all that because you’ve watched my other videos and Articles, right? Right? Well if you haven’t, please subscribe to Health Daily Advice and stay tuned because you can email me or you can sms me here, and you can look for me on the next episode. Stay Tune